eat the salt

RSS
tumblr
twitter


June 17, 2011

Latest SD101 News

Remember that KNOT graphic from my first project? I printed it on a t-shirt for Mack, and it turned out pretty nicely! Pictures later.

In class last night, we experimented with this amazing marbelization technique. (Pictures another time, also) I, however, was itching to burn and print this artwork, created by my sister, Kia. This piece has been on my mind since I first saw it. Poetic diagrams...I eat this shit up.

Here it is printed on vellum, ready for burning:



I was able to squeeze in just a couple of test prints before class ended.



As you can see, the prints are patchy in areas. I'll have to check out my screen and see if this from my weak arms (ho ho ho) or not everything burning through.

My professor has scheduled a trip to her company's loft studio in SoHo. She's going to explain to us how to set up a home studio. I'm itching to know all the details because for the semester, we are only able to print in the classroom/studio space, which is not available for use outside of class time.

No comments:

Post a Comment