eat the salt

RSS
tumblr
twitter


June 17, 2011

Web Developer Toolbar by Chris Pederick



Since I finally have the time to devote to working on my personal website/a side-blog project, I've been trying to brush up on my HTML/CSS skills. I've been watching AdobeTV and YouTube tutorials like it's my job, and I've become a lot more comfortable with (basic) coding... I understand the structure more thoroughly, and uploading a site using FTP is no longer (too) a shit show! Yes, yes, this is child's play. I know...

One of the tools I've discovered that has improved my understanding of CSS is the Web Developer Toolbar by Chris Pederick. The toolbar offers a variety of features, though my favorite is the Edit CSS feature, which allows the user to alter the CSS of any page and see 'live' results. Being able to display all the details of a page (see above screenshot) also has helped me familiarize myself with proper site structure, identifying elements, etc. I know there must be a lot else a more experienced person could get out of this toolbar. Download it and see for yourself.

Click here for more information + to download the toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment