eat the salt

RSS
tumblr
twitter


June 28, 2011

Thread Print



We turned in our first batch of projects this evening. I turned in a t-shirt, tank top, two pillows, and a tote bag I sewed earlier today. Tonight we practiced using opaque inks on dark grounds. I played around with this thread since I had a needle on hand, sewing it back and forth through this piece of vellum. I was going for an irregular stripe kind of look.






Kind of fun! I flipped the screen to make the print repeat lengthwise.



Door shot to show the scale. And just how wrinkly the fabric is.

I spent most of the class sewing the vellum/burning it into the screen. Next class, I plan to play around with this print more. Maybe criss-cross the design? We'll see! Not sure exactly what I'll do with these prints.

No comments:

Post a Comment